Still on the Blackberry Classic trend, formerly known as Q20, Blackberry through a video, has shown some of the top keyboard shortcuts which can be performed on the device.
Earlier before now, some of these keyboard shortcut functionality has been available on earlier devices like the Blackberry bold 9900, 9930 (Known as Bold 5) and curve devices. One would have expected this functionality to be available on their advanced devices like the blackberry 10 phones which comprises of the Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, Z3 etc but unfortunately, there were not.
The Blackberry Classic (Q20) seem to be the outcome of most customer’s feedback or compliant. The earlier versions of bb10 devices missed the trackpad and function keys which the Classic Q20 has come to fix. The Qwerty keyboard shortcut functions is another thing the classic has also come to fix. That truly shows that Blackberry is listening. I am hoping they improve in camera quality and other specifications soon.
keyboard shortcut functions on the blackberry classic Device
If you’ve watched the video above, those are just the top 10 qwerty keyboard shortcuts.
Now, are these just the shortcuts on the classic device? NO! There are most. Interesting thing is, these shortcuts are also workable on blackberry bold and curve devices. You shouldn’t bother trying it on Q5 or Q10 devices because they won’t work.
Other Blackberry Qwerty Keyboard Shortcuts For Blackberry classic, Bold and Curve Devices
- Launch the Browser – B
- Compose a Message – Within the BlackBerry Hub – C
- Launch the Weather App – W
- To Launch the Calculator – U
- Launch BBM – N
- Lock BlackBerry Classic – K
- Change Notifications to Silent – Q
- Launch Settings – O
- Open Contacts/Address Book – A
- Launch Help – H
- To go into sleep mode just press top power button briefly.
- Hard re-set hold down power button.
- When talking on your BlackBerry, press the Currency Key to enable Speaker Phone.
- In phone mode pressing a key gives you speed dial.
- Hold down the shift key for CAPS lock and hold down ALT for numbers lock.
- Hold down letter key for its capital letter
- alt + any key brings up the search screen. Any key brings it up at first screen
- alt + sym brings up symbol screen. Press sym twice and you get the numbers keypad.
- alt + Return to change language setting of the keyboard.
- text input double space bar for full stop.
- text input mypin gives you your pin number
- In the Blackberry Hub Menu, press N to scroll down messages by previous day, P to scroll up by date. Press U to unread messages. To search, Press S. Press B to go to bottom of list and T to go back to top of list.
- To reply to all in an email or PIN message press L. To reply to just the sender, press R.
- Type B to go to the bottom of message, T to go to the top or Space to skip a page in your Message list or email.
- Keyboard shortcuts for the Twitter for BlackBerry app: R – retweet, L – message to, C – compose, D – refresh your timeline.
- Space bar just scrolls one screen down at a time when in chat or channels. shift + space bar scrolls up.
- Type LD when writing and predictive text shows the local date, and LT shows local time to insert into a message
- When sending a message type myver then Space to display your BlackBerry smartphone model/current OS version.
- When typing press O to enter text by voice.
- In the browser
- space bar scrolls down one screen
- shift + space bar scrolls up
- K for book marks
- H for history
- R for Readability
- W for new tab
- T top of page
- B bottom
- U copy url
- S search
- I re-load
- P for back page
Most of the shortcut keys for the Blackberry Hub menu and applications works on all BB10 phones with Qwerty keyboards like the Q5 and Q10 Devices.